The Council on Professional Issues serves the association as a resource on dental practice administration and professional issues, such as ethics, barriers to care and public health. The council also reviews ASDA’s Code of Ethics.
- The Council researched state associations that lacked ASDA representation and conducted follow-up to determine challenges to the chapter/state association relationship. State association contacts were updated.
- The Council, working with the ADA Center for Professional Success, provided a resource with a high level review of dental insurance terms and scenarios.
- The Council chose ASDA chapters to receive grants based on established application and review processes. The grants supplement outreach programs with the intention of continuing from year to year.
- Based on a chapter leader’s suggestions, the Council supported ASDA’s Sensitivity to Diversity policy by investigating the need for a diversity web page. The project will continue with the 2015-16 Council on Professional Issues.
- Supported by the ASDA B-3 policy on Interdisciplinary Dental Education, the Council investigated and drafted a letter to colleagues to encourage communication about dental health with patients from health care workers in other disciplines.