More than 66 ASDA chapters and predental clubs nationwide celebrated ASDA's first-ever National Predental Week Feb. 16-22, 2014.
- Predentals that joined ASDA during that week were eligible for prizes. Congratulations to the winners:
- Alec Robin, University of Oklahoma - 32GB iPad Mini
- Jamie Udell, Dixie State University - $250 Best Buy gift card
- Amber Sun, Kennesaw State University - $100 Amazon gift card
- The top 3 ASDA chapters who recruited the most predentals by Feb. 22 earned cash incentives of $500, $300 and $200 and were presented awards at the Gold Crown Award Ceremony.
- North Carolina (92 predentals)
- Los Angeles (88 predentals)
- Ohio (78 predentals)
- The predental club that recruited the most predental members from Feb. 16-22 earned a “virtual visit” from ASDA, which includes a personalized webinar with ASDA leaders, lunch provided by ASDA and raffle prizes for your members.
"The Dental School Experience" Webinar
ASDA hosted a live webinar on Feb. 19, 2014 for predental members to learn more about dental school from many perspectives. Panelists shared their experiences and advice on choosing a school, interviewing, selecting the right classes, extracurricular activities and much more.
Click here to watch a recording of the presentation and Q&A session. Download a PDF of the Q&A session.
||Hugh P. Pierpont, DDS
- James Kolstad, Marquette ’15, Chair, Council on Membership
- Adrien Lewis, Houston ’16, Associate, Council on Membership
- Daryn Lu, Oklahoma ’15, District 8 Trustee
- Kayla Roe, Virginia Tech ’14, Predental Consultant
- Hugh P. Pierpont, DDS, Assoc. Dean for Student & Alumni Affairs, University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston
- Facilitator: Danielle Bauer, CAE, ASDA director of membership
Predental Week Instagram Photo Contest
Congratulations to Eman Khan, University of Oklahoma '15, Oklahoma predental club president, for capturing the spirit of Predental Week with this photo:
ASDA offers the following resources that chapters and predental clubs can use to organize predental events year round: