ASDA's National Leadership Conference will help ensure that you're a well-rounded leader in the profession of dentistry. Download the 2014 schedule to see all of the session you can attend. For session descriptions and speaker info, download the free mobile app.
Create a Custom Schedule
There will be general sessions related to leadership skills for all attendees. Other information will be presented to smaller groups as part of the track programming. Choose to participate in one track or a variety of tracks based on your interests. You do not need to stick to a track - if you'd prefer to sample each, you can.
- Career Planning: Everything you need to know about organized dentistry, presenting yourself professionally and putting together a CV
- Business & Financial Leadership: Business lessons not taught in dental school, including personal finance and owning a practice, plus an overview of career options
- Advocacy & Professional Issues: Basics on dental issues, plus tips for navigating politics, policies and professional relationships
- Chapter Leadership & Management: Resources to help your chapter become more efficient and organized, plus ideas to recruit and engage your members
Opening & Closing General Session Speakers
Are you ready to get unstuck? "Ordinary Person, Extraordinary Change: How to Affect the Masses" (presented by Adam Braun on Friday, Oct. 31) will help you learn 10 steps to transform even the smallest ideas into a big reality. "How High Can You Bounce: Capture the Possibilities of Change" (with Roger Crawford on Sunday, Nov. 2) will explore attitudes and actions needed to conquer and triumph over trials. Read more about the opening and closing general sessions.
Sample Attendee Experience
Before you arrive at NLC, think about how you can get the most out of the sessions. By splitting your chapter up, you can bring more back to your chapter. Here are some suggested sessions for different attendees. These are just ideas... one of the best aspects of NLC is that you can pick and choose whatever sessions would personally benefit you the most.
- VIP (Very Important Predental) Workshop
- How to Make the Right Connections
- A Hands-on Lesson in CV Writing
- What Would You Do? Ethics in Dental School
- Your Role in Organized Dentistry
- ASDA Policy Making: Putting Ideas into Action
- Five Financial Books Everyone Should Read Before Turning 30
- Top 10 Tips for Recruiting and Engaging Members
- Evaluating Your Post-grad Options
- You: Building Your Personal Brand
- Building a Leadership Legacy
- How to Lead a Dental Team
- How to Effectively Communicate with Your Patients
- Marketing Your Practice on a Budget
- Debt Management for Dental Students
- A Hands-on Lesson in CV Writing
- How Dentistry's Hot Topics Impact Your Future
- Tips from the Podium: Public Speaking
Earn CE credits from AGD for attending NLC
If you are an Academy of General Dentistry student member, you can earn up to 12.5 continuing education hours at NLC. ASDA is an approved PACE program provider by the AGD and many of the sessions at this conference apply towards your credit hours for the AGD Fellowship or Mastership awards. To earn credit, you will need to track which NLC sessions you attend by using forms provided by ASDA onsite. ASDA will send the completed forms to AGD after the event. If you have any questions about earning hours, please contact Natalie Hinman, meetings coordinator at Natalie@ASDAnet.org, or 312-440-2845.
E-mail Natalie Hinman, meetings coordinator, or
call her at 312-440-2845.