The Council on Membership serves the association by assessing and developing resources that meet the needs of the members and chapters. The council provides assistance to individual chapters or trustees regarding membership recruitment and retention, recommends new member benefits and develops resources for chapters. The council contributes to the Gold Crown Award program and assists with the membership outreach initiative. The council oversees the predental advisory committee to ensure that new programs and benefits properly address the needs of predental members.
- The Financial Resources Subcommittee created two lunch & learn presentations, for D1-D2 and D3-D4 students, based on ASDA’s Debt 101 guide.
- The webinar “Financing Your Dental Education” was held on Sept. 23 for predentals and D1 students. There were 347 students registered for the program, and the webinar is posted online at ASDAnet.org.
- The Advanced Standing Subcommittee created a guide for international dentists applying to an advanced standing or IDP program. The Tips for International Students guide is posted online at ASDAnet.org.
- The Council developed the Great Ideas Webinar series for chapters. Recordings are posted online under Chapter Training in the For Chapters section.
- The Council assisted in developing new member benefits with Amazon and Canopy Medical Translator App.