Back row, L-R: Danielle Bauer, Amber Clark, Sarah Fodor, Brooke Kuchuris; Front row, L-R: Brian Jones, Kayla Roe, Jennifer Quist, Eileen Shah, Craig McKenzie
The Council on Membership serves the association by assessing and developing resources that meet the needs of the members and chapters. The council provides assistance to individual chapters or trustees regarding membership recruitment and retention, recommends new member benefits and develops resources for chapters. The council contributes to the Gold Crown Award program and assists with the membership outreach initiative. The council oversees the predental advisory committee to ensure that new programs and benefits properly address the needs of predental members.
- The council submitted a resolution to reinstate ASDA predental chapters. This proposal would allow predental clubs to convert to official ASDA chapters. This resolution was approved by the House of Delegates at Annual Session 2016.
- The council submitted a proposal to create an advisory committee of five advanced standing/IDP students to serve on the national level as part of the Council on Membership, similar to the Predental Advisory Committee. The proposal was approved by the Board and five members were appointed for the 2016-17 year.
- The Council worked with the following ASDA chapters as part of the Membership Outreach Initiative: Connecticut, Kirksville, Las Vegas, Loma Linda, Louisiana, Meharry, Mississippi, New England, Pittsburgh, Puerto Rico and Utah.
- The council created a financial management poster on cost savings that is posted on ASDA’s website, Facebook page and was sent to chapters to share with members.
- The council hosted the following webinars: "Leadership Path: From Predental to Dentist," "The ABCs of International Volunteer Projects" and a virtual idea exchange.
2015-16 Council on Membership Annual Report