The Council on Membership serves the association by assessing and developing resources that meet the needs of the members and chapters. The council provides assistance to individual chapters or trustees regarding membership recruitment and retention, recommends new member benefits and develops resources for chapters. The council contributes to the Gold Crown Award program and assists with the membership outreach initiative. The council oversees the predental advisory committee to ensure that new programs and benefits properly address the needs of predental members.
Recent accomplishments of this council:
- Developed a predental club toolkit that is available online for predental clubs.
- Initiated Predental Week which will be held Feb. 16-22, 2014.
- Introduced on-boarding guide to chapters featuring tools and templates to use when introducing new members to ASDA.
- Will review 2014-15 applications for the Predental Consultant and Predental Advisory Committee positions and provide recommendations to the board.
- Formed a sub-committee of advanced standing students from six chapters across the United States to discuss ways ASDA can offer resources and benefits to its advanced standing members.
- Developed a seed program for new chapters that waives the annual session registration fee for a new chapter’s first and second delegates during their first academic year.
- Created the “How-to Guide on Creating Chapter Websites."
- Developed the Membership Outreach Grant to help struggling chapters fund local events that promote membership and involvement in ASDA.
- Updated resources for chapters to recruit predental students to ASDA. Informed pre-health advisors at various universities about the benefits of ASDA and requested that they communicate that value to predental students. Ended the 2012 membership year with a 12 percent increase in predental members.