Click on the states below to see the corresponding dental board and dental organization.
Each state sets its own licensure requirements. There
is no universal licensure exam (i.e. getting licensed in your state
doesn't guarantee ability to practice in another state). ASDA's licensure map provides information about each state, including: the state's licensing board website and the state dental association or society. Review the licensure laws and regulations from the individual state board websites for real-time information about which exams are accepted where licensure is sought.
Regional Licensing Exams
Only two jurisdictions administer their own clinical exams (Delaware and Virgin Islands). The remaining boards contract that responsibility to one of the five regional testing agencies:
State Licensure Spotlights
Read about how ASDA alumni recently became licensed dentists in their state. New spotlights will be published in the Advocacy Brief e-newsletter.
- Alabama (CITA) - Dr. Ken Randall, Kentucky '12
- California (WREB) - Dr. Ian Murray, Western '13
- Colorado - Dr. Alex Barton, Virginia '13
- Connecticut (NERB) - Dr. Laura Huling, Connecticut '12
- Florida (NERB) - Dr. Becky Warnken, Marquette '13
- Georgia (CRDTS) - Dr. Kallie Law, Alabama '12
- Illinois (CRDTS) - Dr. Ben Youel, Illinois '13
- Maryland (NERB) - Dr. Chrissy Hammer, Midwestern-Arizona '13
- Michigan (NERB) - Dr. Aaron Bumann, Minnesota '13
- Minnesota - Dr. Katie Divine, Minnesota ’13
- New York (PGY-1) - Dr. Tim Calnon, Buffalo ’13