Serves the association as a resource on matters that affect the dental student experience, including but not limited to: community engagement, public health initiatives, interprofessional education, diversity and inclusion, ethics, transition into practice and facilitating collaboration with other professional organizations.
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings below.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by the established deadline.
- Experience serving on the Council on Professional Issues is strongly preferred.
Annual Session 2017 - Annual Session 2018
Must be able to attend each meeting noted below in order to be considered for the position. Click here for exact dates.
- Spring Council and Board of Trustees meeting
- Fall Council and Board of Trustees meeting
- National Leadership Conference
- ASDA Annual Session 2018
View all National Leadership Positions
- Supervises the activities of the Council on Professional Issues; reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
- Mentors council associates.
- Researches and/or completes any project or House of Delegates resolution assigned by the Board of Trustees.
- Serves as a resource for issues pertaining to ethics; monitors the ethical issues in dental school and develops resources, such as the “White Paper on Ethics and Professionalism in Dental School.”
- Serves as a resource on multidisciplinary health professions education, as well as public health issues, health promotion and prevention programs.
- Reviews ASDA’s Code of Ethics and suggests changes to the House of Delegates as necessary.
- Reviews and updates all professional issues content on the ASDA website; submits to Council on Communications for approval.
- May be appointed to serve as ASDA’s representative to an ADA council.
- Submits a year-end continuity report.
- Submits post-meeting reports when representing ASDA at outside meetings.
- Provides content for association publications and media as requested.