Serves the association as the content expert in the area of communications. Manages communications between ASDA’s leadership and membership.
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings below.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
- Experience serving on the Council on Communications is strongly preferred.
Annual Session 2016 - Annual Session 2017
Must be able to attend each meeting noted below in order to be considered for the position. Click here for exact dates.
- Spring Council and Board of Trustees meeting
- Fall Council and Board of Trustees meeting
- National Leadership Conference
- ASDA Annual Session 2017
View all National Leadership Positions
- Supervises the activities of the Council on Communications; reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
- Mentors council associates.
- Reviews the content on the ASDA website; keeps other councils accountable for updates.
- Oversees all digital initiatives including ASDA’s website and videos.
- Develops and monitors new media initiatives with staff and oversees ASDA’s Facebook page and social media presence.
- Acts as a resource for chapter communication efforts (e.g., chapter newsletters and websites).
- Researches and/or completes any project or House of Delegates resolution assigned to him/her by the Board of Trustees.
- May be appointed to serve as ASDA’s representative to an ADA council.
- Submits a year-end continuity report.
- Submits post-meeting reports when representing ASDA at outside meetings.
- Provides content for association publications and media as requested.