Serves the association as the content expert in the area of legislation and advocacy. Supervises and directs the activities of the Council on Advocacy and the Legislative Grassroots Network (LGN).
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings below.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
- Experience serving on the Council on Advocacy is strongly preferred.
Spring Council 2016 - National Dental Student Lobby Day 2017
Must be able to attend each meeting noted below in order to be considered for the position. Click here for exact dates.
- Spring Council and Board of Trustees meeting
- Fall Council and Board of Trustees meeting
- ADA Washington Leadership Conference
- National Leadership Conference
- ASDA Annual Session 2017
- National Dental Student Lobby Day 2017
- Chairs all meetings of the council.
- Approves all council meeting agendas and minutes.
- Provides oversight on strategic plan advocacy initiatives.
- Works with staff to plan National Dental Student Lobby Day.
- May be appointed to serve as the ASDA representative to the ADA Council on Government Affairs.
- Submits post-meeting reports when representing ASDA at outside meetings.
- Submits a year-end continuity report.
- Assists with orientation and transition of new council members.
View all National Leadership Positions