American Student Dental Association
MyASDA Login
About ASDA:

Click here to view another FAQ topic 

1. What are the requirements for licensure?
There are three: an education requirement, a written examination requirement and a clinical examination requirement. More information on each requirement is available at

2. Where can I find information on the licensure requirements for the state I want to practice in?
ASDA developed a map that provides a link to each state licensing board website, as well as a link to each state dental association or society. Contacting these organizations directly is the best way to ensure you have the most recent information regarding what licensing exam each state accepts.

3. I am an international dentist and would like to obtain a license in the U.S. to practice. Where can I find more information on the state licensure requirements?
ASDA developed this webpage for international students. ADA has created a website on state licensure for international dentists. This site includes the steps involved in applying for licensure, a resource guide and frequently asked questions.

Pacific Dental Services ADA Heartland Dental


© 2016 American Student Dental Association; Feedback? Contact Us
211 E. Chicago Avenue, Suite 700, Chicago, IL 60611  |  Phone 800-621-8099, ext. 2795 or Direct 312-440-2795  |  Fax 312-440-2820  |  Privacy & Security Policy