ASDA’s editorial board provides direction for and oversight of the association’s print publications, Mouth and ASDA News.They work closely with the ASDA communications staff to determine the content and themes for each issue. All editorial board members solicit authors and then work with contributors to develop topics and edit their article. They also contribute to ASDA’s award-winning blog, Mouthing Off, on a regular basis.
If you‘d like to write for an ASDA publication, click here.
Recent accomplishments of the editorial board:
- Realigned departments in ASDA News and Mouth to reflect high-interest topics (e.g. finance, licensure and career transition) based on results of the 2012 membership survey.
- Added topical departments to Mouth in addition to themed articles. This aligns with recent ASDA membership surveys to ensure that the association provides the most sought-after content in every single issue of both ASDA News and Mouth.
- Scheduled a “life after ASDA” column in every issue of ASDA News in 2012.
- Judged the Gold Crown Awards related to chapter newsletters, best news story and best feature article.
- Created “features” on Mouthing Off to be published each Monday: finances (Money Monday), media portrayal of dentistry (Media Monday), networking (Mingle Monday) and ethical topics (Moral Monday).
- Solicited at least one author from each chapter and achieved 79 percent participation from all U.S. dental schools during term in 2012.