The Editorial Board develops and manages the content and format of ASDA’s external print publications, Mouth and ASDA News, as well as the blog, Mouthing Off. The editorial board also contributes to the production of the student handbooks.
If you‘d like to write for an ASDA publication, click here.
Recent accomplishments of the editorial board:
- Created “features” on Mouthing Off:
finances (Money Monday), media portrayal of dentistry (Media Monday),
networking (Mingle Monday), ethical topics (Moral Monday) and lab topics
(Lab Work Wednesday).
- Realigned departments in ASDA News and Mouth to reflect high-interest topics (e.g. finance, licensure and career transition) based on results of the 2012 membership survey. This provides the most sought-after content in every single issue of both ASDA News and Mouth.
- Scheduled a “life after ASDA” column in every issue of ASDA News in 2012.
- Judged the Gold Crown Awards related to chapter newsletters, best news story and best feature article.
- Solicited at least one author from each chapter and achieved 79 percent participation from all U.S. dental schools during term in 2012.