The predental advisory committee is made up of
five predental members who provide feedback on predental student focused
initiatives. They will work closely with the predental consultant and
the council on membership to ensure that new programs and benefits properly address
the needs of predental members.
- The committee provided input into the resolution to reinstate ASDA predental chapters. This initiative will allow predental clubs to convert to official ASDA predental chapters.
- Each PAC member was assigned as liaison to each of the Districts to serve as a resource for predentals within the district.
- The Committee assisted in the creation of an ASDA predental Facebook page with more than 1,500 followers as of March 2016.
- The Committee organized a mentor/mentee program at the National Leadership Conference and Annual Session where predental attendees were each matched with 1-2 dental students from schools they were interested in attending.
- The Committee created a resource on “Day of the DAT” containing a checklist, tips and guidelines for the DAT.
- Predental Week took place Feb. 21-27, 2016. 90 predental clubs and ASDA chapters registered to participate, which exceeds registration for 2014 and 2015. ASDA held two live webinars on scholarship and loan repayment programs and hot topics in dentistry. The committee authored daily posts on ASDA’s Mouthing Off blog on predental resources and activities for Predental Week. An Instagram photo challenge was offered daily during the week.
- The committee contributed to a new resource for predentals on developing a personal statement.
2015-16 Predental Advisory Committee Annual Report