The Gold Crown Media Awards honor excellence in chapter newsletters and websites, and outstanding contributions to ASDA national publications.
- Best Newsletter in Competition
- Quality of Newsletter Information
- Newsletter Design & Layout
- Most Improved Newsletter
- Best Website in Competition
- Quality of Website Information
- Website Design & Usability
- Outstanding Use of Social Media
- Best News Article*
- Best Feature Article*
- Best Blog Post*
*These awards will be presented at the Gold Crown Awards ceremony, but do not require an application.
Application Guidelines & Submission Criteria
Applications must be submitted as a PDF. All materials must be submitted by Jan. 5, 2015. Please review the application in its entirety for complete submission guidelines and criteria. Applications cannot be submitted by a district trustee or any ASDA national leader. Contact Kim Kelly, publications manager, at Kim@ASDAnet.org with questions.
Steps to Apply:
- Download the Media Awards Application
- Review the criteria within the application
- Click the "Apply Now" button to upload your application and supporting materials
Judging is based on standards of excellence itemized in the award criteria. ASDA’s Editorial Board and Council on Communications will judge the entries. Winners will be recognized at the Gold Crown Ceremony held during Annual Session.
Tips for preparing a winning entry
- Look through the gallery of past winners for examples of winning work.
- Include original articles in your newsletter (not just event recaps)
- Use lots of photos in your newsletter, website and on social media.
- Make sure you have a mix of content that is informative, creative and interesting to your members.
- Engage your chapter members with social media contests.
- Survey your chapter members to make sure your website is user-friendly.
- Provide links on your website and social media to connect your chapter with national ASDA.
- Refer to this presentation for more tips
Return to Gold Crown Awards
Los Angeles students with their awards at the 2014 Gold Crown Awards red carpet.