Gold Crown Awards -
The Gold Crown Chapter Achievement Awards honor outstanding accomplishments by ASDA chapters in serving members in accordance with the Ideal Chapter criteria.
Chapter Achievement Categories
- Ideal ASDA Chapter
- Most Improved Chapter
- Rookie Chapter of the Year
- Outstanding Membership & Communications
- Outstanding Fundraising
- Outstanding Activities
- Outstanding Involvement in Organized Dentistry
- Outstanding Predental Involvement
- Outstanding Ethical Awareness
- Most Creative Presentation
- Auto-enrollment Implementation*
- Largest Membership Market Share*
*These awards will be presented at the Gold Crown Awards ceremony, but do not require an application.
Application Guidelines & Award Criteria
Applications must be submitted electronically as a PDF and as a hard copy or iBook by Jan. 31, 2013. Please review the application in its entirety for complete guidelines and criteria. Applications cannot be submitted by a district trustee or any ASDA national leader. Contact Danielle Bauer, director of membership, at Danielle@ASDAnet.org with questions.
Steps to Apply
- Download the Chapter Achievement Awards Application
- Review the criteria within the application
- Click the "Apply Now" button to upload a PDF of your application and supporting materials
- Either submit an iBook or mail a hard copy.
If you create an iBook, export the file and upload to the submission site or send the location of your book in the iBookstore to Danielle@ASDAnet.org. If you print a hard copy, mail your entry to:
- American Student Dental Association
- ATTN: Danielle Bauer
- 211 E. Chicago Ave.
- Suite 700
- Chicago, IL 60611
Judging is based on standards of excellence itemized in the award criteria. ASDA’s Ideal Award committee, which consists of members of the Council on Membership and other national leaders, will judge the entries. Winners will be recognized at the Gold Crown Ceremony held during Annual Session.
Tips for preparing a winning entry
- Look through the gallery of past winners for examples of winning work.
- Organize your application to follow the criteria listed under each category. This makes it much easier for the review committee to evaluate.
- Use examples and photos in your entry to illustrate each category.
- Appoint a historian to build your entry year-round.
- Use numbers and facts to backup your chapter successes (How much money did you raise? How many students attended the event?).
Avoid generalizations about what usually happens.
- Include what makes your chapter stand out or unique. Don’t just say holds lunch and learns. Tell how many, how often and what types.
Return to Gold Crown Awards
Minnesota show off their 2013 Ideal ASDA Chapter Award on the red carpet.