Oct. 31-Nov. 2
Personal development (outside of dental school) is important.
Students receive in-depth training in general and specific areas of dentistry through dental school – including ethics, treatment options and patient care. But the “life skills” needed to be a successful business owner, team leader and people manager are sometimes left out of the mix. The National Leadership Conference bridges the gap between the classroom and the real world by providing leadership training to dental students across all years, and predentals. All members are invited. You do not need to have experience as a chapter or national leader to attend.
Your Source for Personal and Professional Development
There are four educational "tracks," each with a variety of sessions to choose from. Stick to one track or switch between all of them over the three days at NLC:
- Career Planning
- Business and Financial Leadership
- Advocacy and Professional Issues
- Chapter Leadership and Management
Chapter Presentation Opportunity
We had great feedback on the chapter session last year, so we're expanding it this year to two sessions. Your chapter is invited to apply to present a 50-minute session at NLC on Saturday, Nov. 1. Topics could include a unique and/or successful event or fundraiser your chapter organized, how you launched a website or newsletter, leadership training ideas or advice to share with other chapters.
Benefits to your chapter and the presenter(s):
- ASDA will cover NLC hotel registration and travel for one speaker (up to two people can present together)
- Shows your administration you are involved and engaged in organized dentistry
- Develop your public speaking skills
- Presenter(s) can add this accomplishment to his/her CV
To apply, e-mail the following to Meghan@ASDAnet.org at the ASDA central office by Aug. 18:
- Completed session submission form describing the topic and learning objectives.
- Link to a 2-3 minute YouTube video of the potential speaker(s) explaining the session or presenting a portion of the session.
Your chapter may submit up to two sessions for consideration. You must complete a submission form and send a video for each one. The NLC planning committee will review all submissions and select two chapters by Sept. 12.
Chapter Idea Exchanges
Attendees will split into groups to discuss chapter challenges and successes. Download this discussion summary for ideas on how to improve your ASDA chapter from NLC 2013.
Sponsor and Exhibitor Opportunities
Organizations can participate in NLC as a meeting sponsor or exhibitor. This is a perfect opportunity to connect with the newest leaders of organized dentistry. To learn more and to reserve an activity, download the meeting prospectus.